Living Dead Girl


Living Dead Girl von Elizabeth Scott

Zusammenfassung:

Once upon a time, I was a little girl who disappeared.
Once upon a time, my name was not Alice.
Once upon a time, I didn't know how lucky I was.

Rezension:
I have been smashed and put back together so many times nothing works right. Nothing is where it should be, heavy thumping in my shoulder where my heart now beats. 
Feel it? Pushpushthrob, one beat. Pushpushthrob, two beats. 
Now, Ray says. Now.
German:

Was gibt es schon gross zu sagen? Einiges. Es gibt ganz viel zu diesem Buch zu sagen, um genau zu sein. Das Problem ist, das mir gerade irgendwie die Worte fehlen.

Ich wusste nicht, um was es geht. Ich fand den Namen interessant, ich habe gehört es soll sehr gut sein, viel mehr wusste ich nicht. Schlussendlich gibt es auch nicht viel Plot, den man spoilern könnte. Trotzdem halte ich an dem Gedanken fest, dass dieses Buch extrem eindrücklich ist, wenn man nichts darüber weiss und einfach in seine Hässlichkeit geworfen wird, weswegen ich hier nicht wirklich weiter über den Plot reden will (nur abstrakt, weil irgendetwas muss ich ja dazu sagen).

Ekel. Dieses Buch hat wirklich sehr viel Ekel in mir ausgelöst. Vor allem der Anfang war sehr schlimm, die ersten 40% des Buches oder so. Ich habe mich ständig geschüttelt, musste kurz Pause machen, Stellen nochmal lesen, um sicher zu gehen, dass es das gerade wirklich gesagt hat, musste das Buch zuklappen und kurz durchatmen. (Hat im Übrigen sicher lustig ausgesehen, weil ich das natürlich alles in der Öffentlichkeit gemacht habe. Oh well.) 

Das Schlimme ist, wenn dieser Ekel verschwindet. Wenn man sich an das gewöhnt, woran man sich nicht gewöhnen kann. Wenn man auf so viele Dinge hofft und so vielem Schrecken lauscht und die Hoffnung ein verräterisches Ding wird, weil man nicht hoffen will und doch nicht anders kann als zu hoffen. Dieses Buch tut Abgründe auf. So viele gefrässige Abgründe, auf so wenigen Seiten.

Wunderschöne Abgründe, um genau zu sein. Schrecklich tiefe Abgründe, aber die Wände wirken kunstvoll, harmonisch, denn sein Schreibstil ist absolut toll. Und nicht nur der Schreibstil, auch die Wortwahl. Hier ist sehr vorsichtig und bestimmt mit Worten umgegangen worden und das merkt man auch (vielleicht fällt mir das aber auch besonders auf, weil ich natürlich momentan viel Textanalyse mache und Zeug). 

Das Ende war im Übrigen auch krass. Es ist kein langes Buch und das Ende passiert schnell und heftig. 

Mehr habe ich nicht zu sagen. Ausser: Lies ist. Lies es, auch wenn es hässlich ist. Lies es.

English:

What could I possibly say about this? A lot. Yes, there is actually a lot I could say about this book. The trouble is that I'm at a loss of words at the moment.

I didn't know what this book was about before I started reading. I thought the name sounded interesting and I'd heard that the book was supposed to be good but that was all. And ultimately, there isn't a lot of story to be spoiled - it is a very short book. Nonetheless, I hold on to the belief that this book is extremely impressive if you do not yet know anything about it. If you're simply thrown (or rather "if you simply throw yourself") into its ugly, ugly world. Thus, I'm not going to mention the plot specifically. 

Disgust. This book triggered a wave of disgust in me. Especially the beginning. The beginning was the worst part for me. And with "beginning" I mean something like the first 40% of the book. I had to take breaks, shuddered, re-read passages, because they couldn't possibly be true, and had to close the book to catch my breath every now and again. (Which probably looked really funny, though it didn't fell that way. - I should really take to not reading in public with that kind of physical response.)

What was worse than the overwhelming disgust was it's vanishing. You "get used" to what no one can get used to. You start hoping for so many (terrible) things and you listen (read) to brutal thoughts and your own hope becomes treacherous because no one could ever hope for something so horrible but you can't help yourself. This book is an abyss and a hungry one at that. I didn't know how far I could fall within less than 200 pages.

Still, this abyss was beautiful. An alarmingly deep plunge but with marble walls. With that I mean that the writing style was incredible. The writing style, the choice of words, everything language. The author used her words extremely carefully and skillfully and it does not go unnoticed. (Though, I have to admit that it might be more obvious to me than to other readers because I'm currently doing Textual Analysis at Uni.)

I can't say much about the ending but it was incredible and I was overwhelmed. It was quick and sudden. I was really worried before I reached the end that the solution would be sloppy but it really wasn't and I needn't have worried.

And that's it. I don't have have anything more to say. Well, apart from: Go read this book. I mean it. Go read it. It is disgusting. It is ugly. It is terrible. You should definitely read it. 

Bewertung:

5/5 Sterne. Kein Zweifel. Wird zu meinen Favoriten aufgenommen.

Details:

Name: Living Dead Girl
Autor: Elizabeth Scott
Verlag: Simon Pulse
Seitenanzahl: 176
Wo?: Amazon

Comments

Beliebte Posts.

The Start of Me and You (The Start of Me and You #1)

Her Royal Highness (Royals #2)

A June Throwback